Skip to main content

Intro and house rules

Image via: LearnAirbnb.com

I have been a writer for over 6 years and one subject that I have stayed away from writing is anything on parenting. As we all know there is no one way to parent and it's the same with teaching your children. There is no one way is the right way.

What I write about here is my experiences and my advice but I also want you to know that this is not the only way to help your child to learn, but do try it and if it works for you and your child, excellent but if not, it's good to keep experimenting and try other ways.

As a new Mum to the school system, I have found that a lot has changed since I went to school and I have spoken to many parents who say the same.

Such high expectations can really stress us parents out and can even stress the child. So I am hoping this blog will be a go to and you can read about potential ways to help your child improve.

House rules

  • What I write about is not the only one true way.
  • In addition, every school and even classes in the same school and grade can do things differently, so if you are trying to prepare your child for the next year before school starts be mindful that my blog posts and class materials may not be something your child may receive.
  • Another point, no parent slamming or shaming. There is 100% zero tolerance. If you disagree on the topic, word your comment in a constructive way, or remember if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all.


Let's begin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why you shouldn't stress your child when it comes to handwriting

Image via: Kidspot
The easy no fuss way (that sometimes we forget), is to not stress ourselves or our child about their hand writing. Just give them time to practice it more.

At the end of Prep, we got called in for a parent interview. "Just thought you should know, I feel your son is struggling with hand writing."

We looked at what our son had written. He wrote two sentences using big words.

Afterwards we left and my husband said, "you know what, I looked at his writing and I thought it was really good."

I thought it was good to, considering he couldn't even write his name at the beginning of school.

However, I didn't ignore the advice. Instead, we practiced. He wrote every body Christmas cards and I did check the other kids Christmas cards, again similar writing then his.

Yet, we practiced, not too much but at least once or twice a week for about ten to twenty minutes and we stopped whenever he got tired from it.

When we practiced, I kept it light. I didn…

What it means when your kids cry for no reason ...

When kids start to cry or have a tantrum for no apparent reason, it could just mean ...

They are tired.


Image via: sp28.lublin.pl
At the start of school holidays you are ready, ready for your child's full energy and ready to entertain all day but what you are not ready for are the quick to tears and the tantrums.

What is going on with your child!?

They are tired.

School is over. All that focus, listening and learning has taken a huge amount of their day and on top of that if they do an after school sport or play. Plus homework.

So knowing this, in their first few days off school, its best to do low key activities and for you too. Continue to go outdoors and play at playgrounds but do enjoy an afternoon siesta or one full day at home before you really go big on the school holidays events and activities.

Also, you understand your child more. Whatever they are complaining about, isn't the real issue, its just they have reached their limit and are telling you, 'Hey, I am tire…